Monday, February 1, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

I was on a role blogging the first part of the year, but I haven't had a chance since I started my new job and school. Life has been incredibly crazy the last few weeks. I started my first shift at the hospital last weekend. I learned so much in my first two nights it was exciting. I think I made a good decision by working at the hospital during school, because I think it's really going to help me in school. We have our first test this week and most of the material we are covering is stuff I have already learned in the hospital. I also start my clinicals this week at a nursing home, so that should be interesting.
I work the night shift, 7 pm to 7 am, on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (for now). The first few times I really didn't get tired, but after the fourth shift I start to crash about 3am, and coffee doesn't do the trick so now I have started drinking a sugar free redbull around 3 and it keeps me going until 7. Hopefully my body will adjust to my new schedule. So needless to say I'm ready for summer break already ;) I feel like I have been separated from the world the past few weeks, I don't have time or energy for anything outside of family/work/school, but I know it will all be worth it soon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you becca!! I can't imagine how hard it is doing what your doing with three children (3 and under at that!!) Your hard work will definitely pay off!! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with what Missy said! If anyone can do it though, it's you.

    ReplyDelete